Saturday, August 8, 2009

An updo for short hair

I have been wanting to try this style on top, but just kept forgetting when I was actually fixing her hair. Anyway, I think this is a pretty 'do that could be worn for a wedding if you just curl the ends.

To start, I parted the hair far to one side in a sweeping sort of curvy motion(yes, I just said that;). Next I parted out each twist braid section in the same manner, holding each back with an elastic. French braids or twist braids, or even pony braids will work for this style.
I one section at a time and continued with a normal braid/twist braid when I had reached the end of the section, then secured the end with an elastic. After I had the braids finished on both sides, I gathered them all up into an elastic. Then, I was able to remove the elastics from the ends of each braid and fan out the remaining hair.
For the back, I just pulled up the hair that didn't fit up to into a ponytail and did a pull-through going up. You could do a messy bun, curls, tease, whatever to give the hair a little oomph so that the two bits blend together.

Sis still had a little that wouldn't go up, but I think it was cute and would have looked pretty with a quick curl;)
I added flowers to top off the look and was pretty happy with it. Sis was excited to have her hair "up, puddy" again;)

Before I go, I want to say thank you to everyone who responded to my last post with comments and emails. I really appreciate your feedback (both positive and honest criticism alike!) I really enjoyed making her outfit and would love to sell custom sets in the future, so your ideas and suggestions are always welcome. As always, I am honored that you have visited my blog! Thank you;)

10 comments:

Abbie said...

did u also make this dress?

Unknown said...

Hey Abbie,
No, I didn't make this one, but thank you for the compliment! This is one of my favorite of her summer dresses;) The listing I will be posting tomorrow is another custom set, though. Thank you!

Chic-Clips said...

I did this hairdo and did a shout ot to you on my blog!

Kelly said...

Thanks for doing up-dos for short hair! So freshing.

Tara said...

This is sooo cute! Thanks for the cute styles!

Samantha said...

I'm a recent follower of your blog and I have to say I love it! My 3 year old has the same haircut as your little one and it's nice having new ideas to do with her hair. Just one question for you...how do you get your little one to sit still while you do the braids and such. Mine is such a wiggle worm that most of parts are crooked or it takes me 45 minutes to do.

CT said...

Merynne! she looks adorable! I had to cut both my girls hair because of different reasons: one stuck a gum in hers and now instead of mid-back her hair is a bob to her ears, and the other got a haircut by her sister (on the back) and I had to chop it off to even it out, so she has a pixie cut... so for now I cannot try it. I adore how your little one looks!

And the dress you made!!! love the huge bow on her back and all the ruffles and all the sazz!!!! she's adorable and you are wonderful! what a creation!

CT said...

you are tagged! lol! I just tagged you in my blog!

The Schmitt Family said...

Ok, off subject. I'm in need of inspiration for my little girl's hair. She is 2 1/2 with fine hair almost to the middle of her hair. On Saturday is my other D's bday (turning 1) the party is Hawaiian Luau themed. If you can come up with any do's, that'd be great. Just post them and I'll check it out. Thanks for your time!
coconutschmitt@verizon.net
Christine

j said...

How beautiful! I am impressed that she sat still and let you style her hair like that. It looks great and your photos are wonderful!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background