Friday, October 15, 2010

Product Review - Tate's Pure & Natural and A Pretty Curled Style

We've had another busy week... honestly, I don't know any moms who aren't busy this time of year. And if you are a homeschooling family, like us, then you truly understand the word busy!

We had a couple days this week that I was concerned for Little Miss. She had to start breathing treatments due to some rattling in her chest. I'm fairly certain that it was caused by allergies not illness, thank goodness! Anyway, she is okay as far as that goes, but today she is sick to her tummy. Poor girl!

Well, now I have about 8 posts waiting to be written, but there is one that I gave a short mention to a while back. So, here you go!


I won a giveaway at Curly Q's Hairdos: Curly Hairdo Ideas. She's got some great styles for little curly girls! Well, they'll work for straight-haired girlies too. ;) The giveaway was for conditioner, but I was lucky enough to get a smaller bottle of shampoo, conditioner, and gel. Yay! I have to say I just LOVE them! So, here's a pic of the set I got and link to the website:


So far, everything about these products is just awesome! We have been using them for a couple weeks. Because of Little Miss's lung problems, I had been searching for natural products. Although it is nearly impossible to tell whether her lungs are helped by this product, I can certainly tell a difference in her hair and skin. The shampoo is great, but the conditioner really is my favorite part. Absolutely everything in it is safe for my little girl's eczema. And hers has gotten so much better since we started using it! I am excited about this since cold weather is coming and her eczema gets crazy bad every winter! The conditioner can be used as a lotion also, so no worries if it gets on her skin! Mostly, I love that I don't have to wash Little Miss's body after I wash her hair. If your kids have skin troubles you will understand how nice it is to break from that! I must say that this set has made me re-think natural hair care products. Others I have tried were greasy or didn't really get her hair clean. Or the conditioner wasn't moisterizing enough, or the hair gel was more like putting eggs or mayo in our hair... okay, you get the idea. I've had some bad luck, probably because I was looking before all this stuff was very popular. But I have to say that I am thrilled with the turn towards natural products! I have used Tate's a few times on my own hair and loved the way it felt. I needed extra moisture, so I added conditioner after rinsing and left it in the ends. There was no gunky feeling. My hair flows as silky as ever! I am telling you honestly that you will not feel like you are sacrificing quality or manageability to go natural if you use the Tate's products! 5 out of 5 stars from me! Now a quick note about my stars rating... I give stars based on whether a product does what it says it should do and is as safe/efficient/smell-good/etc. as it is supposed to be. This is a fabulous product that may be right for you and your hair type. :)



I decided to finish with some pictures of the first style I tried with the hair gel. I love how healthy, clean, and shiny her hair looked. Also, these curls stayed all day and her hair didn't get dried out.
Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background